With the global pandemic practically over (per the world opening back up), it’s the perfect time to reflect on what we’ve learned this past year.
We’ve had as many highs as lows and (hopefully) finally landed on a soft cushion in the middle. Many changes have happened in our lives, including our priorities being reset without our permission. We have to make decisions where we can, and the first is MINDSET.
Take this next year to become the person you were always meant to be: the REAL you. The one hidden under a mask, hand sanitizer, and unprecedented fear. The one ready to come out of their cocoon and emerge a unique and beautiful butterfly.
Let’s NEVER go back to pre-pandemic ways of life. Whizzing by without enjoying the present moment. Working more than playing. Taking loved ones for granted. Worrying about things that don’t truly matter.
The sacrifices and suffering over the last year were not in vain. Many lessons were learned, not to be forgotten.
Let’s move forward in life a little slower, a little kinder, a little happier. Lead with gratitude. Judge less. Love more.
Here are some of my takeaways, lessons learned from the last year. I hope they resonate with you, and if not, I encourage you to make a list of your own to remember how far you’ve come.
- Love is more powerful than fear. When in doubt, choose LOVE!
- In case of emergency, SMILE.
- It’s okay to not be okay. Nothing lasts forever.
- Give to give and never to receive. Generosity is the gift we give ourselves.
- Life is tragically short. Be present for all the moments along the way. Those moments are your life.
- Look for the good in people. If you can’t find it, look away and don’t look back.
- Control is a myth. You have as much control over life as you do stopping an asteroid from hitting the Earth. Instead, sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Celebrate the moments, big and small. Don’t let anything stop you from finding pleasure in the successes and good fortune that come your way, be it from hard work or luck. Either way, you deserve it!
- Take care of yourself. Your life is the most critical life there is. Do whatever you can to keep your mind, body, and soul healthy so you can be around for years and years to come. Your loved ones will thank you.
- This life is worth living, no matter how difficult it seems at times. You are perfect, and you are LOVED.
Together, let’s put this year behind us and move on to what we must believe will be the best year yet! You’ve got this! I’m here for you!